Q. What if I need help with the Patient Portal?
A. If you need assistance with the Patient Portal, please call 404.501.1107. If you are calling after-hours (5 p.m. - 8 a.m.), a member of our staff will reply to you within the next 24 business hours. To better serve you please include the issue you are having and the following information along with your full name and telephone number:
Q. How do I set up an account?
A. If you have been admitted to DeKalb Medical as an inpatient and are new to the Patient Portal, please follow the steps below to create a new account:
1. Go to https://spp.dekalbmedicalportal.org/spp. The only recommended browser for this service is Internet Explorer version 8.
2. Click on 'Register Now'.
3. A new screen will pop up. Enter all required information in the fields with a red asterisk. Your first and last name, date of birth, email and telephone number must match what you provided at registration. You must have a valid email address to register and use the Patient Portal.
4. Click Create.
5. Click Close. You will then receive an email with a link and instructions on how to log in to the portal.
6. Follow the instructions in the email.
8. You will now be able to view your medical info such as your discharge instructions, summary of care you were provided, and lab results. (Please save your login information in a secure place for future reference.)
9. You now have access to your PHI anywhere at any time from any device. Your care team has partnered with Allscripts and MyLinks to allow you to pull your records from multiple sources into one secure location fully under your control. If you shared your email during registration, you will receive an email invitation to access Allscripts Health Connect. Then, you can set up your MyLinks profile.
If you have already registered for your account, this
is your reminder to access your Patient Portal account. In order to do
so, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://spp.dekalbmedicalportal.org/spp.
2. Use existing name and password to access the Patient Portal.
Q. Why can't I see my outpatient results?
A. We are in the process of incorporating outpatient results into the Patient Portal but that process is not yet complete. Once this system is in place, we will make this information available to you.
Q. Why isn't my complete medical record available on the portal and how do I obtain it?
A. A legal medical record is a very large document with an incredible amount of personal medical information. To protect patient data we are only allowing the government-approved Visit Summary of your inpatient stay on the portal. If you wish to obtain your full medical record, please contact 404.501.5630 for instructions.
Q. My personal information is incorrect. How do I get it corrected (name, address, birthdate, etc.)?
A. Please contact Medical Records at 404.501.5630 for record correction processes.
Q. I don't understand the clinical data in the document on my portal. Who can I call to inquire about the data?
A. Please contact your Primary Care Physician or the Referring Physician listed in the summary document.