Emory Decatur Hospital's skilled team of physicians and technologists provide
cardiac testing in Atlanta to assess a patient’s heart and determine if
he/she has heart disease or to diagnose a patient’s risk factors for heart disease.
All tests, performed in our cardiovascular lab, require a physician’s
order. Some of the many heart assessment tests we offer include:
- Electrocardiogram (also called ECG or EKG) and inpatient stress test: Non-invasive tests that measure the electrical activity of your heart.
- Echocardiogram (cardiac ultrasound): A non-invasive test, performed in our cardiovascular lab, that uses sound waves to provide images of your heart.
- Coronary CT Angiography (CCTA): Non-invasive cardiac testing that allows cardiologists to view the heart vessels using advanced CT equipment.
- Calcium Scoring: Our 64-slice CT scanner
non-invasively provides clear images of calcium build-up in your heart
vessels to better determine your risk of heart disease.
- Cardiac Catheterization: This heart assessment,
performed in our advanced cardiovascular lab, is the “gold standard” for
determining where and to what extent you may have blockages in the
arteries that serve your heart.
- Electrophysiology Device Testing: This type of
cardiac testing includes a pacemaker (a small device that's placed in
the chest or abdomen to help control abnormal heart rhythms); Automated
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (AICD) (a device that is
implanted in the chest to monitor and, if necessary, correct episodes of
rapid heartbeat); Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator
(CRTD) (this device protects patients with heart disease from sudden
cardiac death due to abnormal heart beats while improving the pumping
action of the heart for patients with heart damage); and Holter Monitor
(a machine that continuously records the heart's rhythms).
Peruse our site to learn how our Heart and Vascular Institute can help you detect and slow the progression of heart failure.
Cardiovascular Lab in Atlanta
Emory Decatur Hospital’s cardiovascular lab in Atlanta, Georgia offers
patients advanced cardiac testing and comprehensive treatments for a
range of conditions. Equipped with the latest digital imaging systems,
the technology in the lab allows our dedicated staff to perform a
variety of heart assessment testing. We are able to:
- Perform sophisticated diagnostic procedures to detect blockages in the arteries.
- Conduct vascular studies to detect abnormalities in vessels throughout the body.
- Perform electrophysiology studies to identify irregular heartbeats, known as arrhythmia.
As soon as our cardiac testing is complete and a diagnosis is made,
our team of specially-trained cardiologists, interventional
radiologists, surgeons, nurses and technologists work together to
provide patients with the best solution. We use a number of proven
techniques, such as:
- Pacemaker and internal cardiac defibrillator implantation.
- Peripheral angioplasty and stenting to repair blockages in the renal, arm and leg vessels.
- Ablation to help correct arrhythmia.
- Abdominal aortic stent grafting to repair aneurysms.
- Angioplasty and stenting to repair blockages in heart vessels.
Throughout the heart assessment process, we provide the specialized
care you need, with the skill and compassion you’ve come to trust.
Contact us at 404.501.1851 to learn more about our cardiac testing services or to make an appointment at our cardiovascular lab in Atlanta.