We know it’s stressful and difficult to live with a condition that
demands constant attention. After you have attended a Diabetes
Self-Management class, the following are available to you:
- Healthy eating resources* - how to eat healthy when you're on the go and busy
- Cooking demonstrations* - learn how to cook healthier, such
as using less sodium and additives while also learning different recipes
- Grocery tours & food label reading* - learn what food
labels mean and how specific foods affect your diabetes; you will learn
about food alternatives
- Restaurant visits* - healthy menu choices and portion
control are the most important parts of eating out; this also serves as a
- Exercise classes (requires physician approval to
participate) - an exercise specialist will work with each person and
help set up specific routines
* These classes do not require a physician referral and are free of charge. You can attend as many as you would like.
For more information, please contact our Nutrition and Diabetes Education Center at 404.501.1790.