Teen volunteers brighten the hallways of DeKalb Medical in a myriad of placements. Volunteens may also participate in career and educational development events.
Summer Volunteen Program – for ages 14-18 (must have completed first year of high school)
Volunteen Program Requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 or better in college prep program. MUST submit current transcript.
- ALL documents: emergency information, sealed doctor’s letter with immunization record, sealed counselor/teacher recommendation form with academic achievement and GPA, sealed recommendation from, parent’s agreement and authorization to photo form must be received by deadline of March 31, in one packet to be invited to an interview.
- Interview with volunteer staff after all paperwork is submitted, in one packet. First 50 qualified, complete packets will be invited for an interview.
- Signed commitment to 4 consecutive weeks, at least one shift a week. Additional weeks and shifts are encouraged. No weekend or evening hours available. Teen may volunteer either or both sessions.
- Session 1: June 4 – June 27, 2013
- Session 2: July 9 – August 1, 2013
- Attend mandatory two-hour group Volunteen Orientation with a parent or guardian.
- Submit to a two-step negative TB screen or chest x-ray (after interview but prior to orientation).
- Required attendance at Lunch & Learns given during the summer.
- Pay dues ($15) and purchase uniform shirt for $15.00. (Payment due at interview)
Submission of an application is not sufficient; the packet of forms must be in the Volunteer Office before an interview can be scheduled.
Volunteer Application Form
Please fill out your Volunteer Application Form and save the form to your desktop. You can then either print the completed form out and mail it to the Foundation Office, fax the completed form to the Foundation Office or email the form to the Foundation office. The address, fax number and email address can be found at the bottom of the Form pages.
If you are experiencing problems with the above form, Click Here to access a print only version of this form. After you complete the form either fax or mail it to the Foundation Office. The address and fax number can be found at the bottom of the form.