Teen volunteers brighten the hallways of DeKalb Medical in a myriad of placements. Volunteens may also participate in career and educational development events.
Summer Volunteen Program – for ages 14-18 (must have completed first year of high school)
Volunteen Program Requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 or better in college prep program. MUST submit current transcript
- ALL documents must be completed, signed, in one packet, and received by deadline of Tuesday, February 28, 2017, to be invited to an interview. Documents include:
- completed application
- emergency contact information
- signed parental agreement,
- signed authorization to video/photo form
- sealed counselor/teacher recommendation form with academic achievement and current transcript with GPA
- sealed personal recommendation form
- sealed doctor’s letter with immunization record
- Interview with volunteer staff after all paperwork is submitted in one packet. A select number of applicants will be invited for an interview during the week of March 20, 2017.
- If selected for an interview, please provide a head-shot photo or a copy of your school photo ID at time of interview
- If selected for the program, students and parents must sign a commitment form for the 8-week program, for one four-hour shift per week (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. OR 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.). Only one excused absence is allowed. No weekend or evening hours available. Scheduling priority is given to returning students.
- 2017 Schedule:
- One Eight-Week Session: June 5 – July 27, 2017
- Monday - Thursday (Select one day)
- One Week Break: July 3 – 7, 2017
- Submit to a T-SPOT Blood Test (after interview, if accepted into the program, but prior to orientation)
- If age 18 years or older, must submit to a criminal background check
- Attend mandatory two-hour group Volunteen Orientation with a parent or guardian on May 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM
- Pay dues ($15) and purchase uniform shirt for $15 (Payment due once notified of acceptance into program)
- Required attendance at Lunch & Learn sessions given throughout the summer program
- Please note: The Volunteer Services office will not accept applications before January 3, 2017. Applications not received in one packet, or before January 3, 2017, will not be considered.
Submission of an application alone is not sufficient; all forms must be in the Volunteer Office before an interview can be scheduled.
Click here for the 2017 Volunteen Application Packet.