Teen volunteers brighten the hallways of DeKalb Medical in a myriad of placements. Volunteens may also participate in career and educational development events.
Summer Volunteen Program – for ages 14-18 (must have completed first year of high school)
Volunteen Program Requirements:
o emergency contact information,
- GPA of 3.0 or better in college prep program. MUST submit current transcript
- ALL documents must be completed, signed, in one packet, and received by deadline of Monday, February 29, 2016, to be invited to an interview. Documents include:
o signed parental agreement,
o sealed counselor/teacher recommendation form with academic achievement ,
and current transcript with GPA,
o sealed personal recommendation form,
o sealed doctor’s letter with immunization record,
o and signed authorization to video/photo form.
o One Eight-Week Session: May 30 – July 28, 2016
- Interview with volunteer staff after all paperwork is submitted in one packet. A select number of applicants will be invited for an interview during the week of March 21, 2016.
- If selected for an interview, please provide a headshot photo or a copy of your school photo ID at time of interview.
- If selected for the program, students and parents must sign a commitment form for the 8-week program, one four-hour shift per week (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM OR 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM). One excused absence. No weekend or evening hours available. Scheduling priority is given to returning students.
o Monday - Thursday (Select one day)
o One Week Break: July 4 – 8, 2016
- Submit to a T-SPOT Blood Test (after interview, if accepted into the program, but prior to orientation).
- If age 18 years or older, must submit to a criminal background check.
- Attend mandatory two-hour group Volunteen Orientation with a parent or guardian on May 4, 2016 at 6:00 PM.
- Pay dues ($15) and purchase uniform shirt for $15 (Payment due once notified of acceptance into program) .
- Required attendance at Lunch & Learn sessions given throughout the summer program.
- Please note: The Volunteer Services office will not accept applications before January 4, 2016. Applications not received in one packet, or before January 4, 2016, will not be considered.
Submission of an application is not sufficient; All forms must be in the Volunteer Office before an interview can be scheduled.
**We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015 Summer Program. Click here for the 2016 Volunteen Application.