Explore Available Nursing Residencies
DeKalb Medical's paid nurse residency programs allow growth, development and career advancement or a change in specialty. We offer all-inclusive residency programs for new nursing graduates, experienced nurses who want to specialize or change their specialty and nurses who have been away from the bedside and want to return to a hospital setting. Our comprehensive orientation program includes classroom and clinical time under the direction of a dedicated preceptor on the assigned unit.
Residency Programs are offered in ICU/CCU, Intermediate Care, ER, Med/Surg, Oncology, Telemetry, Inpatient Rehab, Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby, NICU, and Long-term Acute Care. These programs include both clinical and didactical training/instruction to include a dedicated preceptor.
PLEASE NOTE: If available, Nurse Residencies and Extern positions will be posted at www.dekalbmedical.org/careers. If there are no opportunities listed, please set up a search agent so you can be notified via email to apply.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Competitive Salary Rates Receive additional compensation – if you have current working experience as a DeKalb Medical Nurse Extern.
- Shift Differentials Incentives for working evenings (+3.75/hr), nights (+4.00), and weekends (+3.00/hr).
- Continuing Education Staff development classes offered to include Case Study Workshops, ACLS, TNCC, CATN, Critical Care Courses, EKG courses, and much more.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Recipient must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX) and have Georgia issued RN license within the past 12 months.
- Sign an 24-month Nurse Residency service agreement. The employment service begins from the date recipient successfully completes his/her RN orientation and has a Georgia RN license.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing.
- Recipient must agree to work full-time (minimum 64 hours pay period).