Explore Available Nursing Residencies
DeKalb Medical's paid nurse residency programs allow growth, development and career advancement or a change in specialty. We offer all-inclusive residency programs for new nursing graduates, experienced nurses who want to specialize or change their specialty and nurses who have been away from the bedside and want to return to a hospital setting. Our comprehensive orientation program includes classroom and clinical time under the direction of a dedicated preceptor on the assigned unit.
Nurse residency programs are offered for:
- Clinical Care Services
- Emergency Services
- Medical-Surgical Services
- Women and Infant Services
- Surgical Services
The application process has closed and we are now reviewing applications for the Summer 2014 Nurse Residency program. All candidates will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted in early June.
No phone calls please. All inquiries should be made through an online application.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Competitive Salary Rates Receive additional compensation – if you have current working experience as a DeKalb Medical Nurse Extern
- Shift Differentials Incentives for working evenings (+ $3.75/hr), nights (+ $4.00/hr) and weekends (+ $3.00/hr)
- Continuing Education staff development classes offered to include Case Study Workshops, ACLS, TNCC, CATN, Critical Care courses, EKG courses and much more
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Recipient must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX) and have Georgia issued RN license within the past 12 months
- Sign a 24-month Nurse Residency service agreement. The employment service begins from the date recipient successfully completes his/her RN orientation and has a Georgia RN license.
- Recipient must agree to work full-time (minimum 72 hours pay period).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing. *Must provide college transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable).
- Provide 2 professional letters of recommendation from clinical faculty