Preparing for Your Hospital Visit
What do I bring?
Remember to bring your photo identification and insurance card when you come to the hospital. It's best to have your bag(s) packed in advance, if possible, so you don't forget anything. Suggested items to pack for your hospital stay include:
- A list of current medications and medical conditions
- Your physician's name and phone number
- The name & phone numbers for your preferred pharmacy
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
- Deodorant and/or powder
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Lip balm
- Glasses or contacts, if needed
- Extra pillows
- Phone numbers for family and friends
- Laptop and/or cell phone and necessary chargers or other cables
It's a good idea to leave valuables such as jewelry, credit cards and large amounts of cash at home. The hospital cannot be responsible for your personal belongings. If you forget an item, our gift shop(s) sell a variety of reasonably priced personal care products.