The Wellness Center Infection Control
Do you know approximately 500 people work out at The Wellness Center every day? We clean the equipment regularly, but preventing the spread of germs requires everyone’s participation – we need your help!
Germs are spread:
- Directly by skin to skin contact, such as a handshake.
- Indirectly through the air or by living on objects such as exercise equipment.
Guidelines for infection control at The Wellness Center:
- Stay home if you are sick, if you have a fever, if you have a cough or runny nose, if you have a rash or open areas on your skin.
- Wash your hands as frequently as possible. Use the antibiotic hand washing solution found throughout the Wellness Center frequently.
- Wipe your sweat off machines, dumbbells, weights and exercise mats when you are finished using them.
- When you sneeze or cough cover your mouth with a tissue or by sneezing or coughing into the bend of your elbow, not your bare hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or lips.
- Place a towel between the equipment and your bare skin. Wear gloves made for working out when lifting weights.
- Wear flip flops or water shoes when showering in the locker room.
- Place your towel in the hamper; if it drops to the floor pick it up; if it drapes over the side of the hamper pick it up and place it fully in the hamper.