Do you know approximately 500 people work out at The Wellness Center
every day? We clean the equipment regularly, but preventing the spread
of germs requires everyone’s participation – we need your help!
Germs are spread:
- Directly by skin to skin contact, such as a handshake.
- Indirectly through the air or by living on objects such as exercise equipment.
Guidelines for infection control at The Wellness Center:
- Stay home if you are sick, if you have a fever, if you have a
cough or runny nose, if you have a rash or open areas on your skin.
- Wash your hands as frequently as possible. Use the antibiotic
hand washing solution found throughout the Wellness Center frequently.
- Wipe your sweat off machines, dumbbells, weights and exercise mats when you are finished using them.
- When you sneeze or cough cover your mouth with a tissue or by
sneezing or coughing into the bend of your elbow, not your bare hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or lips.
- Place a towel between the equipment and your bare skin. Wear gloves made for working out when lifting weights.
- Wear flip flops or water shoes when showering in the locker room.
- Place your towel in the hamper; if it drops to the floor pick it
up; if it drapes over the side of the hamper pick it up and place it
fully in the hamper.