Hearing Rehab Center: Audiology Rehabilitation Services & Programs
DeKalb Medical's Atlanta audiologists are licensed and certified Doctors of Audiology who provide a variety of outpatient services, including a comprehensive evaluation of hearing loss, and all-ages assistance for those who experience educational difficulties due to processing challenges and balance disorders. Hearing loss treatment at DeKalb Medical is only available at the North Decatur outpatient clinic. We provide the following services:
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations
- Middle ear measurements
- Evoked Potential testing
- Comprehensive balance assessment
- Auditory processing testing
- Infant hearing assessment (OAE, AABR and diagnostic ABR)
Our audiologists conduct Evoked Potential testing as part of our hearing loss treatment diagnostics in order to evaluate the cause of symptoms you may be experiencing, including problems with balance, nausea, hearing loss, a “ringing” sound in your ears, headaches and numbness. The Evoked Potential test, as well as an assortment of other diagnostics, will help our Atlanta-based audiologists determine how best to assist you.
Hearing Loss Treatment in Atlanta: Inpatient Services
Our hearing loss treatment inpatient services include newborn assessment for hearing loss and comprehensive hearing and/or balance assessments for adolescents and adults. These services are only performed by our experienced Atlanta audiologists at the North Decatur campus.
- The Newborn Hearing Screening Program is based on the national guidelines for infant hearing screening and hearing loss detection. All infants receive hearing screenings using state-of-the-art technology, prior to discharge from the hospital. Our audiologists provide comprehensive follow-ups upon infant referral or in the rare case that discharge occurs prior to completion of the hearing screening.
Contact our experienced audiologists to learn more about our inpatient and outpatient hearing loss treatment services.