Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program of exercise, education, and support for patients and family of those with breathing problems. This comprehensive program is designed to improve the quality of life for patients with chronic lung disease. The components of the program include assessment, patient training, breathing retraining, exercise, psychosocial intervention and follow-up. Program goals include:
- Controlling symptoms and complications of respiratory impairment.
- Improving overall quality of life.
- Avoiding long-term convalescence.
- Promoting independence and ability to perform daily activities.
- Reducing the need for hospitalization and emergency room visits.
Patients are referred to the program by their physician and remain under their physician’s supervision throughout the rehabilitation and maintenance program. Pulmonary Rehab staff will be happy to verify your insurance for cardiac and pulmonary rehab coverage.