Since 2002, the Anticoagulation Management Service of DeKalb Medical (Coumadin Clinic) has provided expert and personalized anticoagulation management for people on anti-clotting therapy. Services are provided by nurse practitioners with specialized training in both oral and injectable anticoagulant therapies. On-site INR testing with immediate results is available at each visit. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call the clinic at 404.501.2927.
Schedule an Appointment
In order to be seen at the DeKalb Medical Anticoagulation Clinic your healthcare provider can refer you from their office, or you can call 404.501.2927 and set up the initial appointment. In either case, we will collaborate with your referring healthcare provider to establish the goals of therapy.
Anticoagulation Clinic FAQs
Why should I choose an anticoagulation clinic?
It is well documented that a systematic approach to anticoagulation management, focused at the point of care, may increase the time patients on warfarin (Coumadin) are in therapeutic range, reduce adverse events, improve patient satisfaction and lower the costs of care. The DeKalb Medical Anticoagulation Management Service provides expert oral warfarin therapy management as well as expert injectable "Bridge" therapy management, when indicated.
What are some of the services I can expect?
- Personalized anticoagulation management, maximizing benefits and minimizing anticoagulant-related adverse outcomes.
- A standards- and evidence-based approach within a dedicated anticoagulation center.
- Care provided by Nurse Practitioners with specialized training in anticoagulation management.
- Intensive, individualized lifestyle, diet, herbal supplement and over-the-counter medicine counseling and education.
- Expert clinician knowledge of warfarin drug-drug interactions.
- On-site INR testing with immediate results and instructions on dosing.