Follow Up Classes Programs
We know it’s stressful and difficult to live with a condition that demands constant attention. After you have attended a Diabetes Self-Management class, the following are available to you:
- Healthy eating resources* - how to eat healthy when you're on the go and busy
- Cooking demonstrations* - learn how to cook healthier, such as using less sodium and additives while also learning different recipes
- Grocery tours & food label reading* - learn what food labels mean and how specific foods affect your diabetes; you will learn about food alternatives
- Restaurant visits* - healthy menu choices and portion control are the most important parts of eating out; this also serves as a social event
- Exercise classes (requires physician approval to participate) - an exercise specialist will work with each person and help set up specific routines
* These classes do not require a physician referral and are free of charge. You can attend as many as you would like.
For more information, please contact the DeKalb Medical Nutrition and Diabetes Education Center at 404.501.1790.