Community Services and Programs
The Community Outreach department at DeKalb Medical is dedicated to integrating DeKalb Medical service lines and physicians into the surrounding area. Established as a method to introduce the latest in medical advances and methods for wellness to current and potential customers at DeKalb Medical, the Community Outreach department is committed to connecting with a broad base of learning venues, including:
- Speaker's Bureau - Physician and health expert speaking engagements by request
- HealthTalks by physicians, covering orthopedic, cancer and vascular topics and more
- Lunch-and-learn sessions, such as Stroke Awareness
- Free basic health screens
- Special events such as the Puberty Rocks series, one for boys and one for girls
- Senior Spectrum, activities for senior citizens
Check the latest issue of our Healthy Living Calendar for a list of upcoming talks that are held at various locations on and off campus.
To learn more about the Community Outreach department (formerly known as Health Promotion) and to arrange for a physician or health expert to speak to your group, contact:
Beth Jansa, Community Outreach Manager
- How can I arrange a physician speaker to come to my venue?
Email Beth Jansa at email@example.com or call 404.501.7481.
- As a physician, how can I become a speaker for Doc Talks?
Doctors at DeKalb Medical are provided welcome kits.