Infusion Center for Cancer Patients
Atlanta Outpatient Infusion Center
The Outpatient Infusion Center provides a welcome alternative to inpatient care for cancer treatment in Atlanta. Located on the DeKalb Medical North Decatur campus, the Center is designed to make your stay as comfortable as possible, with televisions, Wi-Fi and telephones in every room and a soothing décor that is functional without being institutional. Family members are welcome to remain with cancer patients while they receive their infusions. You and your family may also be assisted by a number of support service representatives including dietitians, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, cancer support team nurses and our resident chaplain.
Infusions for Cancer Patients
The center is not exclusive to oncology patients. We provide infusions for cancer patients and other types of infusions as needed. We offer the following services:
- Outpatient Leukemia Care: daily intensive outpatient care, on-call nursing and ambulatory infusions allow newly diagnosed leukemia patients to avoid the three- to four-week isolation of traditional inpatient treatments
- Blood Transfusions: packed red blood cells, platelets, albumin, clotting factors, IVIg
- Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy: experienced staff knowledgeable of the latest developments in cancer treatments
- IV Therapies: a variety of IV therapies, including osteoporosis treatments, hydration, antibiotics, nutrition, iron, electrolytes and monoclonal antibodies
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy: administered by skilled hematology nurses who can provide supportive care for hemochromatosis patients
The Outpatient Infusion Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. Infusions for cancer patients as well as other infusions at the Outpatient Infusion Center are by appointment only. Please speak with your physician to arrange an appointment or call 404.501.EASY for more information.