Hillandale Visiting Hours
The following are visitation guidelines for DeKalb Medical at Hillandale:
- DeKalb Medical allows a designated family member, friend, or other individual to be present with the patient for emotional support during the course of stay. Family is defined as any “person(s) who plays a significant role in the patient’s life even though they may not be legally related.” Members of “family” include spouses, domestic partners, and both different-sex and same-sex significant others. “Family” includes a minor patient’s parents, regardless of the gender of either parent. Solely for purposes of visitation policy, the concept of parenthood is to be liberally construed without limitation as encompassing legal parents, foster parents, same-sex parents, step-parents, those serving in loco parentis, and other persons operating in caretaker roles.
- DeKalb Medical reserves the right to limit visitation based on the needs of the patient.
- General visiting hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- No visitors with signs/symptoms of infection or illness will be allowed to visit.
- It is advisable that only two visitors per patient are in the room during regular visiting hours.
- One visitor may remain overnight.
- Children under the age of 18 or adults that need supervision may not remain overnight.
- All visitors who have not been granted permission to stay with the patient after 8:30 p.m. will be asked to leave.
- Each visitor spending the night shall receive a badge.
- Visitors must keep their badge on the outermost layer of clothing and visible at all times.
- Visitors will be asked to stay in the patient’s room.
- Visitors may not sleep in public areas.
- Please consult Intensive, Intermediate and Special Care Units, Women’s and Infants, and Behavioral Health areas for more specific guidelines.