Compare DeKalb Medical at Hillandale
The Georgia Hospital Quality website is published by the Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA), a part of the Georgia Hospital Association Research and Education Foundation. The program promotes voluntary sharing, studying, and learning from others to reduce the risk of errors or adverse outcomes. The site contains helpful information about how consumers can become more involved in their health care and in issues related to their health care choices, hospital stays, surgeries and medicines.
Georgia Hospital Quality Check has several tabs, or options, including:
The “Hospital Report“ tab provides:
- an overall quality index score for a hospital which looks at the main elements of patient care in facilities including outcomes, processes and patient safety;
- information on current reporting, participation in improvement activities, and PHA awards;
- information on processes of care that are recommended for patients being treated for heart attack, heart failure, or pneumonia;
- you may select a region of Georgia, then choose from any hospital in that region.
The “Compare Hospitals” tab allows you to compare hospital performance in the treatment of Heart Attack, Congestive Heart Failure and Pneumonia.
- Click on up to three counties from a map of Georgia, then selecting “Show Hospitals,” you may choose up to six different hospitals for comparison.
- Once the hospitals have been selected, the “next” button allows you to choose which conditions and processes of care you want to review.
- The information is then displayed on an easy-to-read bar graph, which includes the state averages.
- The site includes additional consumer health information as well as information on hospital charges, number of cases and average length of stay. The information on the website is updated annually, and the information shown is generally 6-12 months old.
Go to the Georgia Hospital Quality Check site.