Rehab Services & Medical Rehabilitation
We offer comprehensive rehab services in Atlanta, providing state-of-the-art in-house occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy and respiratory therapy for patients with complex rehabilitative needs. With specialized accommodations such as beds that enable progressive mobility, our full-spectrum rehabilitation services are dedicated to one important goal: helping patients obtain optimal functioning and maximal quality of life.
Customized Medical Rehabilitation for Atlanta
DeKalb Medical's LTAC provides individualized medical rehabilitation, including:
- Individualized programs for strengthening and reconditioning
- Retraining in activities of daily living (ADL)
- Activities related to home-management
- Retraining in gait/mobility skills
- Pain management using a variety of modalities
- Cardiovascular training (including treadmill and upper- and lower- extremity bicycle)
- Swallowing disorders, including on-site modified barium swallow studies and fiber optic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) and Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation (DPNS)
- Speech disorders
- Cognitive retraining
- Visual/perceptual retraining
- Neuro-muscular re-education, including balance, coordination and posture
- Customized Orthotic fabrication
- Wound care by a Certified Wound Specialist using a variety of modalities
Conditions and Diagnoses Treated:
- Complications of diabetes
- Stroke/cerebral vascular accidents (CVA)
- Cardiopulmonary problems (involving both heart and lungs)
- Catastrophic injury
- Acute brain injury
- Multiple fractures/trauma
- Complicated orthopedics
- Neurological conditions
- Spinal Cord Dysfunction
Each incoming LTAC patient is thoroughly evaluated by a cross-disciplinary team to cultivate an ideal medical rehabilitation program for that particular patient. Our focused group approach, involving ancillary and LTAC nursing staff, ensures that every patient achieves the best possible results.
Click here for a printable copy of the DeKalb Medical Long Term Acute Care Rehab Services available.
For more information, call 404.501.6226 or click here.