The mission of the DRHS Clinical Ethics Committee is to:
- cultivate a healing environment by fostering ethical behavior through education, case review and the identification of unique ethical standards that define this institution.
- educate members and staff to help them identify ethical issues as they occur.
- facilitate collaboration through the ethical process.
- provide assurance to those individuals involved in an ethical dilemma that all aspects of the issue are understood and considered.
- reduce the fear level present in the changing healthcare environment.
- Duane Barclay, M. D., Internal Medicine/CMO
- Amy Bloomquist, R.N., Neonatal Services
- Carol Campbell, R. N., Hillandale ICU/Telemetry RN Mgr.
- Betty Castellani, D.Min., Cancer Center/Pastoral Care
- Nancy Curdy, R.N., Hillandale CNS
- Paula Eissner, LMSW *, DeKalb Quality Institute
- Glenn Ethridge, D. Min., Community Member
- Kristin L. Hiscutt, Esq., Community Member
- Matthew Hogan, M.D., Hospitalist
- Dee Keeton, R.N., Patient Relations/Risk Management
- Kalai Parthiban, M.D., Hospitalist
- Deanna Richardson, R.N., Palliative Care
- Joel Schuessler, J.D., In-house Council
- Hiba Tamim, M.D. *, Oncology
- Terri TenHoor, M.D., Pulmonology/Critical Care
- Joyce Young, Chaplain/Decatur